Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a technology that can replicate human-like intelligence. The advanced technology has reasoning abilities, planning capabilities, processing powers and learning capacity. In short, if used wisely, it can significantly impact the daily lives of human beings and businesses.
In an industrial and business application, machine learning is more popular. It is a part of artificial intelligence technology that enhances the abilities of information technology systems to find solutions to problems by recognizing information patterns in databases.
A few interesting things that can be accomplished using artificial intelligence solution and machine learning are:
- Analysing and summarising data
- Finding probabilities of specific events
- Recognizing patterns
- Adapting to specific developments
Companies are using this power of analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning to the best of their abilities. That is why we can safely presume that AI is here to stay. In 2020, we see certain trends of AI usage getting more popular than others. Here are those:
- Chatbots and virtual assistants: A virtual assistant is a digital agent that helps companies in managing activities like email management, lead generation, making calls, etc. Chatbots are virtual assistant chat windows that can address customer queries. These applications of AI are surely going to be a hot favourite across industries in 2020.
- Training: You can now get your employees trained by machines. Yes, it may sound a little farfetched, but AI has made this easily possible. All you need is an architecture of neural networks that can augment learning capabilities.
- Recruitment: There are agencies that offer outsourced services for intelligent and self-learning HR technologies. This helps in cutting costs, managing administrative challenges and boosting productivity.
- Autonomous vehicle driving: AI has made it possible to automate the driving processes. The benefit is that machine driven cars are free from human errors like losing concentration, forgetting routes, physical fatigue etc.
- AI assistants: Speech recognition software or voice search assistants like Alexa, Siri etc are going to trend in 2020. Businesses are using them for conversations around their products
While there are several hot trends around AI and machine learning, there are a few concerns that also need to be addressed. For instance the issue of transparency and responsibility. Who is responsible if an AI-enabled car crashes? What if an AI-enabled machine tries to achieve its goal without keeping in sight the impact of its actions on the human race? There is always a risk that AI systems may be exploited for the wrong reasons.
These issues too need to be addressed and will be a major focus in 2020 along with all the good AI applications. If you are looking for a partner who knows it all when it comes to using AI for the benefit of your business, then your search ends here. WebSocl has AI solutions for your organisation like chatbots, virtual assistants etc. Get in touch with us today or visit our website to know more about our services in AI domain.